Everyone needs a little wine time. I prefer the sweet kind. If you’re new to sweeter wine my favorite is Moscato (obviously). Moscato is most known to be an Italian fruity white dessert wine, featuring peach, orange and or nectarine, with a slight fizz. Moscato wine is sweet, low in alcohol & easy to drink. There are so many fun variations of Moscato now with or without fizz. Next time you see a Moscato on the menu or at the store I encourage you to give it a try and let me know what you think.
My Top 5 Moscatos of the Moment
- Moscato by Cavit is just plain light and refreshing for enjoying at home on the couch after a long day.
- Villa Jolanda Moscato & Coconut is bubbly and a bit of a dry finish for such a sweet wine, more of a special occasion wine than a drink with dinner.
- Peach by local North Hills of Pittsburgh, Narcisi Winery, has a delicious flavor and is a tiny bit tart.
- Moscato by Ohio’s Gervasi I think it is yummy, but it is very syrupy sweet. It is served in a tiny dessert wine glass at Gervasi.
- Mia Dolcea Moscato d’Asti bubbly is sweet and light, just what I like.
Now here are some of my favorite wine funnies & beautiful postings from the wonders of Instagram.